Good morning everyone, please welcome our special guest Melissa Kendall who has taken a few moments out of her busy schedule to share some insight into who she is and her writing.
1.When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?I've always been a writer I guess but I made the decision to give being a published author a go about eighteen months ago.
2. How long does it take you to write a book?Far longer than it should. When I have a good flow going I can get about 1000-1500 words written an hour.
3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?I don't really have a schedule I have to work around my four year old so my writing is very sporadic.
4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?I write my best after midnight when everything is quiet and it is just me awake in the house.
5. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?Ideas come to me in the strangest places. I remember one time I was watering my vegie garden and an idea hit me out of the blue. As soon as I got back to the house, I had a 3000 words story outline.
6. What do you like to do when you're not writing?I love to read and spend time with my family.
7. What does your family think of your writing?They are supportive for the most part but no one wants to read my works I think they are a little too sexy for them.
8. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?I have written 6 novella's 3 which have publishing contracts and one 75000 word novel. I don't really have a favourite but my current release Fall In Love is probably closest to my heart as it is set in my home state and contains a little more of me than my works usually do.
9. Do you have any suggestions to help aspiring writers? If so, what are they?Just do it. You never know unless you give it a try. Oh and get yourself some good critique partners they are lifesavers.
10. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?Not really I am very new to this whole thing doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear from them and see what they think of my works.
11. Do you like to create books for adults?Oh most definitely one of the genres I write is erotica.
12. What do you think makes a good story?A boy, a girl, some sexing and a whole lot of what will happen next.