Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A huge thank you

A huge thank you goes out to everyone who stopped by and put their work up for discussion. Its appreciated and I'm hopeful that everyone learned something - even if it was to keep plugging away at it.

Four or five years ago I had the pleasure of having a piece flogged by Mr. Rhamey - and I have to say it was one of the most emotional, most wrenching experiences of my life because I was new, I had visions of my great talent and skill, and had the ego of a newbie.

So when he gave me his thoughts I was torn...but I realized inshort order that what he said made sense. Not only did I take what he said to heart - but I went on to revamp things and I have to admit that the book he flogged, that I had nearly thrown out, went on to be contracted, published, and made the number 1 best seller list for Champagne books in May of 2009.

If anything, the experience taught me that while the truth isn't always a bed of roses, sometimes you have to pluck out the thorns and keep digging for that one truly exceptional bloom.

For that experience, and for appearing on my blog, I say bravo, and thank you so very much Mr. Rhamey, its been both a pleasure and an honor to have you here, and have you sharing your wisdom with us. I hope to have you back again!

2 comments:

Ray said...

It was my pleasure, Patricia. And one of your readers has already submitted a chapter for flogging. I'd be happy to do another session one day.

I have a unique Internet radio experience coming this Thursday, May 19. It's about my novel, We the Enemy. For those who are interested, it will be at 7:45 p.m. Eastern time on the 19th, though the interview is expected to be about a half hour into the show. The URL is theshow.newamericandream.info

Patricia Bates said...

Thanks Ray for the update and I'll be listening to your show. Wishing you all the best and much success.